THIS new book, by Jack McElroy is FUN to read with all of its pictures and charts! The author is not your average KJB defender. He includes a picture of himself with Mr. Trump of New York City. You won't be able to put the book down because:
1.) It answers just about all of the questions any KJB critic can throw at you.
2.) His research is brand new; you likely have never read any of his findings before. He's been studying this issue for a L O N G time.
3.) It shows problems with the new ESV and NKJV, which are trying to take the place of the now deposed NIV and NASB. The following is a glimps of what Mr. McElroy has to say:
"ARE you tired of the smirks and childish questions of King James Bible detractors?
Are you sick of hearing the same old insincere questions like, “Tell me, which edition of the KJV is the Bible?” or “Where was the Bible before 1611?”
You’ll find the best answers to these questions and more in Which Bible Would Jesus Use?
Now you can go on the offensive by asking them one simple question, “If Jesus came to your church, which Bible would he use?” Making them answer this question along with the knowledge you’ll get from this book will settle the Bible version controversy once and for all.
You’ll learn Why “Which Edition?” is (quite often) a trick question to destroy your faith in a literal book. And it is the real reason they ask you the fake question in the first place.
You will now be able to prove to anyone why the Lord himself is forced to choose only one Bible and why that Bible is the King James Bible.
THEY will be convinced once they learn…
■ WHY the Lord Jesus Christ would never use the ESV because of the known errors (admitted by experts) inserted into the text in Matthew 1:7, 8, & 10.
■ WHY the Lord wouldn’t carry the NASB to church with him because of the known errors (admitted by experts) inserted into the text in John 7:8–10 and because of the way it refers to him in John 1:18.
■ WHY the Lord couldn’t use the NIV, ESV, or the NASB because of the known geography error (admitted by experts) inserted into the text in Luke 4:44.
■ WHY the Lord can’t use the NIV, ESV, or the NASB because of the known error (admitted by experts) inserted into the text in Mark 1:2.
■ WHY the Lord is hurt by how his character is besmirched in Mark 1:41 in the NIV and would never, ever use it.
■ WHY the Lord wouldn’t bring the NKJV into church with him because of how it undermines the historical integrity of his words in English.
They’ll stop laughing at your faith in the written words of God when you quickly and easily answer questions like:
“What about the thousands of differences between the 1769 Edition and the First Edition in 1611? And what about the differences between King James Bibles printed by the Oxford and Cambridge University Presses?”
This book also walks you through some of the major passages used to challenge creditability of the KJB. Your faith will be strengthened as you learn to explain tough issues like: why the Lord didn’t preserve the original autographs; why inspiration of Scripture doesn’t mean what they say it means; where the Greek text used in modern translations came from; and what doctrines are affected by these variant readings.
“…a diligent Christian businessman (Proverbs 22:29) has successfully reduced the rancorous ‘King James Only-ism’ debate to a single, unconventional premise—‘Which Bible would Jesus use?’ The utter simplicity of Brother McElroy’s question will undoubtedly render many in academia apoplectic. And yet, his unique approach is entirely Scriptural.”
––Dr. William P. Grady, B.S., M.Ed., Th.M., Ph.D., D.D., author of four best-selling reference works: Final Authority, What Hath God Wrought!, How Satan Turned America Against God, and Given by Inspiration
“I believe that you have made a significant contribution to Bibliology and that your work will provoke more people to think intelligently about Biblical preservation. I think that you have rightfully presented the fact that all translations are not ‘essentially the same’ and have convincingly argued that textual criticism is not an exact ‘science’ at all … You have presented the right arguments in a clear, concise, thought-provoking way. Thank you!”
––Dr. Jeff Amsbaugh, B.A., M.Div., D.Min., D.R.E., Senior Pastor, Greater Rhode Island Baptist Temple
“McElroy demonstrates a keen understanding of the importance of branding. His application of the concept to the Bible version controversy is simply brilliant.”
––Raymond Aaron, author of eight books, including Branding Small Business for Dummies, and co-author of the New York Times best-selling Chicken Soup for the Parent’s Soul™
“As an intellectual property attorney, my mission is to protect and defend the integrity of my client’s written text. In like manner, Mr. McElroy does a masterful job of defending the traditional biblical text as it is presented in the King James Version of the Bible. He does so in an informative and engaging way.”
––Lloyd J. Jassin, Entertainment and Publishing Law Attorney; Adjunct Prof., NYU SCPS; and co-author of The Copyright Permission and Libel Handbook (John Wiley & Sons) with Steven C. Schechte
Table of Contents
- Dedication v
- Foreword Dr. William P. Grady vii
- Preface Want to settle the “Bible Version Controversy” once and for all? xii
- Introduction 1
- Chapter 1 Why the Lord is forced to choose only one Bible 19
- Chapter 2 Two “dirty little secrets” of modern textual criticism 35
- Chapter 3 Proof—Prominent textual scholars believe God made mistakes when he wrote the Bible 55
- Chapter 4 Why the Lord didn’t preserve the original autographs 79
- Chapter 5 Why the Lord can’t choose the King James Bible without looking foolish to scholars 89
- Chapter 6 Did the Lord make a monumental, multigenerational error by allowing the King James Bible to be published in the first place? 107
- Chapter 7 Maybe the Lord Jesus Christ isn’t a loser after all 117
- Chapter 8 Why can’t the Lord choose the ©1982 New King James Version? 127
- Chapter 9 Where was the Bible before 1611? 151
- Chapter 10 Which edition of the King James Bible is “The Bible”? 161
- Chapter 11 What about the tens of thousands of differences between the 1769 edition (or any edition today) and the 1611 first edition? 179
- Chapter 12 What about the differences between King James Bibles printed by the Oxford and Cambridge University Presses? 205
- Chapter 13 Why “Which Edition?” is (quite often) a trick question 219
- Chapter 14 The real reason for the fake question 227
- Chapter 15 Inspiration of Scripture—What it is and what it isn’t 233
- Chapter 16 Inspiration—What it was and what they say it is now 245
- Chapter 17 Who changed the definition of inspiration, and when did they change it? 259
- Chapter 18 Did the Lord preserve error instead of truth in the extant biblical manuscripts? 275
- Chapter 19 How to spot a standard Bible 289
- Chapter 20 The Revelation 16:5 controversy 297
- Chapter 21 Which Bible should you use? 305
- About the Author 309
- Bibliography 311
- Index 323
- Scripture Index 335